January 22, 2012 marks the 39th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton Supreme Court decisions, which legalized abortion in all nine-months of pregnancy, for any reason. This begins the 40th full year of legal abortion in America.
For 40 years, America has waded into the darkness. Our culture has slowly descended as we have tolerated the killing of more than 50 million Americans.
However in 2011, our movement united and gained momentum like never before.
- Planned Parenthood, our nation’s largest abortion provider was exposed as not only partners in sex crimes covering up statutory rape but also human trafficking.
- The U.S. House of Representatives, for the first time in its history, voted to federally defund Planned Parenthood and launched a formal investigation of its business practices.
- Nearly 30 abortion facilities shut down adding to the 1513 that have been shut down since 1991.
- Poll after poll revealed that this generation of young people, unlike previous generations of young people, is pro-life.
- The Guttmacher Institute, Planned Parenthood’s research arm, reported that states enacted a record number of pro-life laws, 92 laws in 24 states, more than triple than the 23 enacted in 2010.
We truly believe that 2011 will be the year we note in the history books as when legalized abortion began to end in America.
2012 will be a deciding year for the pro-life movement. Will we or will we not abolish abortion in our lifetimes? Will YOU be a part of this movement?
Just because abortion has been legal for 40 years, does not mean we are unable to turn back the clock and step into the Light. Abolishing abortion in America is possible within our lifetimes.
Kristan Hawkins, Students for Life of America