Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sowing the Seed of the Kingdom

I often hear people bemoan the fact that the church today is not growing “like it did in the 40’s and 50’s.” The question is then asked, “How can we restart the fire that once burned within our bosom?” Listen to the apostle Paul as he describes his passion in Ephesus: "And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,... Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God" (Acts 20:20, 26-27).

Far too many spiritual farmers (1 Cor. 3:9) desire fruit without the cultivation (Jer. 1:10). Some curse the soil (Luke 8:12-14), others chastise the method of the sower (Luke 8:5), while others alter the seed (Luke 8:11). The sower, seed and soil must work in harmony if the fruit is to be brought to perfection.

Needed Principles:
  1. An old-fashion work ethic applied to the church.
  2. A strong sense of ethics and morality.
  3. An aggressiveness with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
  4. Saturation with the gospel.


This method of saturation was first brought to my attention by a missionary in Wyoming of whom I learned a great deal from regarding evangelism.

No comments: