Thursday, February 02, 2012

A Conservation...

The following is a short but I think pertaintent conserviation that I had with a good friend and fellow gospel preacher, brother Roy Montgomery of the Estes Park Church of Christ in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. I was privledged to co-preach with Brother Montgomery in at least three gospel meetings.

Frist, I sent brother Montgomery, as well as others the article entitled: "Turning the Tide" above. Here was his response...

I agree! Life is life and no person has the right to determine who has the right to life. God is the giver of life! I cannot forget that one of my nephews weighed less that two pounds at birth. Yes, he had some challenges at the beginning, but now he is a normal healthy seven year old. Under the current mindset he would have been terminated prior to birth, but that option was never on the table.

The thing that "sickens" me is that career politicians make this a "hot button" issue during their election campaign and then table it until the next election. Babies are being aborted 24/7 365 days a year. Politicians have the power to stop it, but there is too much political clout attached to the "pro-life" position to really write legislation to put an end to abortions.

When the final trumpet sounds and time shall be no more... someone will be accountable for every soul that was deprived the right to live.

My response...
You are absolutely correct and its high time that Christian's not only realized this but held these politicians feet to the proverbial fire on this issue. We can and should demand this before the 40th Anniversary of Roe vs Wade (January 22, 2013)!

General Norman Schwarzkopf wrote down this statement one week before the First Persian Gulf War... "War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want."

It's TIME!

Brother Montgomery's response... AMEN!

My love to brother Montgomery. Spend some time today encouraging a brother or sister in Christ to Gird up; Stand up; Speak up; Bear up and Look up (Jer. 1:17-19).

No comments: